Made too much pasta? Reimagine your leftovers into a dish for any time of day.
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp basil
- Black pepper to taste
- ½ cup low-fat ricotta
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan, plus 1 Tbsp
- 2 cups leftover Wagon Wheel Pasta Supper
- 3 Tbsp avocado or canola oil
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. In an oven proof skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and sauté the onion until translucent, about 3 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, beat the eggs, basil and pepper, then mix in the ricotta and parmesan.
4. Add the pasta on top of the onions, spreading it evenly, and then pour the egg mixture on top. Turn the stove to low heat and let it cook about 5 minutes, until partially set.
5. Sprinkle the rest of the parmesan on top and place 4-6 inches under the broiler until lightly browned. Remove from oven and loosen the frittata with a spatula, then slide it onto a serving plate.
Per serving: 64 calories, 22g protein, 28g carbohydrates (2g fiber), 18g fat (6g sat fat, 10g mono/poly), 393mg sodium
If needed, add more spinach or other dark leafy greens with the pasta.